Elegy and Elegy Mode of Artistry in the Poetry of Rob. Akhmetzyanov and I.A. Kushner
- Authors: Khabibullina A.Z.1
- Kazan (Volga region) Federal University
- Issue: Vol 17, No 3 (2020)
- Pages: 363-374
- Section: LITERARY SPACE
- URL: https://journals.rudn.ru/polylinguality/article/view/24694
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/2618-897X-2020-17-3-363-374
The article is devoted to the examination of elegy features and elegy mode of artistry in Russian and Tatar poetry of 70-80’s XX century. The actual basis of the research is formed by A. Kushner’s poems, modern Russian poet and Robert Akhmetzyanov, known Tatar lyric of the XX century. It is stated that elegy was not included in the circle of traditional Tatar poetry genres (wider - oriental), its’ genetic roots are bound with other forms like “marsiya”. The author comes to the conclusion, that poetic cycle “Kozge elegiyalar” (“Autumn elegies”) by Rob. Akhmetzyanov fully depicts the identity of Tatar artistic consciousness, its’ literary identity, reflecting in its’ ability to correlate its’ deep experiences with poem form and with its’ architectonic principles. The comparative analysis has shown that subjective and objective in Rob. Akhmetzyanov’s elegies exist in a different, less expressive form of contradiction than in the Russian elegy tradition, which is marked by the connection of the Tatar poet’s artistic way of thinking with folk poetry. Particularly, in the lyrical cycle the author resorts to paired images, like “ike alma” (“two apples”), which also appear in the Tatar song. The research proved that Rob.Akhmetzyanov’s creativity can be considered as “catalyst” of elegy in the national literature of the XX century: elegy form and its’ techniques contributed to the genre recognizability, more than that, elegy became the field of representation of the avant-garde spirit of the Tatar author’s creativity. In the A.Kushner’s poetry elegy and idyllic interact in the same lyrical plot, thus transforming the stable features of the genres mentioned and their modality (“Ukhodit leto” (“The summer’s leaving”), “Mne kazhetsya” (“It seems to me”) etc.
About the authors
Alsu Z. KhabibullinaKazan (Volga region) Federal University
Author for correspondence.
Candidate of Philology, Associate Professor of the Department of Russian and Foreign Literature, Institute of Philology and Intercultural Communication18, Kremlevskaya Str., Kazan city, 420008, the Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation
- Vacuro, V.E. 1994. Lirika pushkinskoj pory. «Elegicheskaya shkola». St Petersburg: Nauka. Print. (In Russ.).
- Zyryanov, O.V. 2003. Evolyuciya zhanrovogo soznaniya russkoj liriki: fenomenologicheskij aspekt. Ekaterinburg: Izd-vo Ural. un-ta. Print. (In Russ.).
- Zenkin, S.N. 2018. Teoriya literatury. Problemy i rezul’taty: ucheb posobie dlya magistrantov. Moscow: Litagent NLO. Print. (In Russ.).
- Əhmətҗan, Rob. 1995. Turgaj tərəzəse [The lark’s window]. Kazan. Tatar. kit. nəshr. Print. (In Tatar).
- Rəhim, G. 2018. Sajlanma əsərlər [Selected works] / tөz. M.I. Ibrahimov, A.M. Gajnetdinov. Kazan: Ihlas. Print. (In Russ., in Tatar.).
- Zagidullina, D.F. 2018. Tatarskaya poeziya i proza rubezha XX—XXI vekov: esteticheskie orientiry i hudozhestvennye poiski: monografiya. Kazan’: Tatar. kni. izd-vo. Print. (In Russ.).
- Lejderman, N.L., and M.N. Lipoveckij. 2001. Sovremennaya russkaya literatura: v 3-h kn. Kn. 2. Semidesyatye gody (1968—1986). Moscow: Editorial URSS. Print. (In Russ.).
- Kozlov, V.I. 2018. Vooruzhennoe chudo Aleksandra Kushnera. Web. http://prosodia.ru/?p=2487 (date of access 01.07.2020). (In Russ.).
- Kushner, A. 2000. Stihotvoreniya. CHetyre desyatiletiya. Moscow: Progress-Pleyada. Print. (In Russ.).
- Kozlov, V.I. 2017. “Idilliya v XX v. — strategiya eskapizma (na primere poezii I. Bunina, B. Pasternaka, A. Kushnera)”. New philological bulletin 4 (43): 37—47. Print. (In Russ.).
- Kushner, A. Semidesyatye. Web. Access: https://www.kushner.poet-premium.ru/semidesyatye. html#12 (data obrashcheniya 04.04.2020). (In Russ.).