Use of digital technologies in innovative educational environment (on the example of the mobile application Lecture Racing)
- Authors: Tsarapkina Y.M.1, Gadzimetova B.D.1
- Russian State Agrarian University - Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy
- Issue: Vol 17, No 1 (2020)
- Pages: 63-71
- Section: INNOVATION PEDAGOGICAL TECHNOLOGIES IN EDUCATION
- URL: https://journals.rudn.ru/informatization-education/article/view/23703
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/2312-8631-2020-17-1-63-71
Problem and goal. Currently, there is active transformation of educational technologies, which explains the emergence of new educational needs, a change in the principles and mechanisms of access to knowledge and the need to summarize existing and implement new approaches to the formalization and systematization of data collection and storage, taking into account characteristics specific education and information technology [2- 4; 10; 12; 15]. The article reveals the concept of digital technologies in the educational environment, presents theoretical and practical materials containing knowledge about digital technologies. Methodology. The pilot study was conducted using the mobile app “Lecture Racing”, which allows to check the level of knowledge of students, among other things. This is a unique tool for conducting tests and surveys at lectures or classes, both pre-prepared and without preprepared tests, in real time . Results. The stages of development of digital technologies are considered, and the stages of the experiment on the use of digital technologies in the educational process are described. Description of the results of the methods used to identify the level of motivation and performance. Conclusion. The use of digital technologies, on the example of the mobile application “Lecture Racing”, has a positive impact on the motivation of students, academic performance, and contributes to the self-development of the teacher in an innovative educational environment.
About the authors
Yulia M. TsarapkinaRussian State Agrarian University - Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy
Author for correspondence.
candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, associate professor of the department of pedagogy and psychology of professional education49 Timiryazevskaya St, Moscow, 127550, Russian Federation
Bugis D. GadzimetovaRussian State Agrarian University - Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy
postgraduate student49 Timiryazevskaya St, Moscow, 127550, Russian Federation
- Andryushkova OV, Grigoriev SG. Kombinirovannoe obuchenie kak rezul'tat konvergencii v usloviyah informatizacii obrazovaniya [Combined training as a result of convergence in the conditions of informatization of education]. Informatika i obrazovanie [Informatics and education]. 2017;2(281):23–27.
- Grigoriev SG, Grishkun VV. Obrazovatel'nye elektronnye izdaniya i resursy [Educational electronic publications and resources]: educational and methodological guide for students of pedagogical universities and students of the system of professional development of education workers. Moscow: MGPU Publ.; 2006.
- Grigoriev SG, Grishkun VV. Informatizaciya obrazovaniya. Fundamental'nye osnovy [Informatization of education. Fundamental basis]. Tomsk: TML-Press; 2008.
- Grigoriev SG, Lukin VV, Lukin DV. Razvitie chelovecheskogo kapitala v usloviyah cifrovizacii [Development of human capital in the conditions of digitalization]. EManagement [E-Management]. 2018;1(2):13–19.
- Grigoriev SG, Shabunina VA, Skarapkina YuM., Dunaeva NV. Elektronno-bibliotechnaya sistema kak sredstvo samorazvitiya studentov cifrovogo pokoleniya Z (na primere izucheniya kursa “Osnovy vozhatskoj deyatel'nosti”) [Electronic library system as a means of self-development of students of digital generation Z (on the example of studying the course “Basics of the leaders' activity”)]. Nauchnye i tekhnicheskie biblioteki [Scientific and technical libraries] (p. 78–99). Moscow: GPNB Publ.; 2019.
- Kuznetsov AA, Grigoriev SG, Grishkun VV. Obrazovatel'nye elektronnye izdaniya i resursy [Educational electronic publications and resources]: methodical manual. Moscow: Drofa Publ.; 2009.
- Metodika dlya diagnostiki uchebnoj motivacii studentov (A.A. Rean, V.A. Yakunin, modifikaciya N.C. Badmaevoj) [Method for diagnostics of students' educational motivation (A.A. Rean, V.A. Yakunin, modification of N.C. Badmayeva)]. Available from: https://vsetesti.ru/441/ (accessed: 20.10.2019).
- Skarapkina YuM. Informacionnaya sreda podgotovki vozhatyh k rabote v sisteme otdyha i ozdorovleniya detej [Information environment for preparing counselors to work in the system of recreation and health improvement of children]. Moscow: Obrazovanie i informatika Publ.; 2018.
- Skarapkina YuM, Lemeshko TB, Mironov AG. Cifrovye tekhnologii v podgotovke studentov agrarnogo vuza [Digital technologies in the preparation of agricultural university students]. Problemy sovremennogo pedagogicheskogo obrazovaniya [Problems of modern pedagogical education]. 2018;(61–3):331–334.
- Zarapkina YuM, Petrova MM. Refleksivnye tekhnologii v informacionno-kommunikativnoj srede kak faktor samorazvitiya [Reflexive technologies in the information and communication environment as a factor of self-development]. Municipal'noe obrazovanie: innovacii i eksperiment [Municipal education: innovations and experiment]. 2018;(1):72–75.
- Zarapkina YuM, Petrova MM. Sozdanie informacionno-kommunikativnoj sredy kak osnovy upravleniya innovacionnymi proektami [Creating an information and communication environment as a basis for managing innovative projects]. Vestnik Moskovskogo gorodskogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta. Seriya: Informatika i informatizacija obrazovanija [Bulletin of the Moscow City Pedagogical University. Series: Informatics and Informatization of Education]. 2019;1(47):81–86.
- cifrovyh tekhnologij, kotorye izmenyat mir [6 digital technologies that will change the world]. Available from: https://www.e-xecutive.ru/finance/investment/1985732-6tsifrovyh-tehnologii-kotorye-izmenyat-mir (accessed: 20.10.2019).
- Bystrova NV, Konyaeva EA, Tsarapkina JM, Morozova IM, Krivonogova AS. Didactic foundations of designing the process of training in professional educational institutions. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. 2018;622:136–142.
- Lecture Racing. Available from: http://lectureracing.com/ (accessed: 20.10.2019).
- Tsarapkina JM, Dunaeva NV, Kireicheva AM. Application of BYOD technology in education on the example of lecture racing mobile application. Informatika i obrazovanie [Computer science and education]. 2019;9(308):56–64.