Business Methods for Certification of Government Employees in the Russian Federation: Problems and Prospects
- Authors: Chepusov A.G.1
- International Sustainable Energy Development Centre under the auspices of UNESCO
- Issue: Vol 7, No 4 (2020)
- Pages: 316-321
- Section: Public administration: theory and practice
- URL: https://journals.rudn.ru/public-administration/article/view/24979
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/2312-8313-2020-7-4-316-321
This article provides a brief overview of the ongoing changes in the methodology for evaluating and selecting personnel in government agencies of the Russian Federation. The author analyzes the details of ongoing reforms in the current macroeconomic context. The article covers expected consequences of the planned unified approach to certification of civil servants in all state bodies of the Russian Federation using examples of existing business structures that already use the new methods. The author comes to the conclusion that disproportionate powers of managers in any departments and strictly formalized criteria for certification of civil servants, which came from the commercial sphere, will negatively affect the motivation of civil servants, the quality of their work with citizens, and lead to erosion of the civil service ethics. The ongoing reform may potentially result in a loss of public trust to state institutions.
About the authors
Anton G. ChepusovInternational Sustainable Energy Development Centre under the auspices of UNESCO
Author for correspondence.
ORCID iD: 0000-0000-0000-0001
Head of Educational Activities Sector of the Strategic Planning and Partnership DepartmentKedrova str., 8/1, Moscow, Russian Federation, 117292
- Ukaz Prezidenta RF ot 7 marta 2020 g. № 171 “O vnesenii izmenenija v Polozhenie o provedenii attestacii gosudarstvennyh grazhdanskih sluzhashhih Rossijskoj Federacii, utverzhdennoe Ukazom Prezidenta Rossijskoj Federacii ot 1 fevralja 2005 g. N 110” [Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of March 7, 2020 No. 171 “On Amendments to the Regulations on Certification of State Civil Servants of the Russian Federation, Approved by Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of February 1, 2005 N 110”]. URL: https://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/73619838/. Accessed: 12.05.2020 (In Russ.).
- Rosstat predvaritel’no ocenil spad VVP Rossii na urovne 3,6% [Rosstat Previously Estimated the Decline in Russia’s GDP at 3.6%]. TASS. 20.08.2020. URL: https://tass.ru/ekonomika/9250999. Accessed: 21.08.2020 (In Russ.).
- Bank Rossii prinjal reshenie snizit’ kljuchevuju stavku na 50 b.p., do 5,50% godovyh [The Bank of Russia Decided to Reduce the Key Rate by 50 bps, to 5.50% per annum]. Press-reliz CB RF. 24.04.2020. URL: http://cbr.ru/press/pr/?file=24042020_133000Key.htm. Accessed: 21.08.2020 (In Russ.).
- CSR: real’nye zarplaty v RF v 2020 g. mogut upast’ na 12%, bezrabotica – prevysit’ 12% [CSR: Real Wages in Russia in 2020 May Fall by 12%, Unemployment – Exceed 12%]. Finmarket. 14.04.2020. URL: http://www.finmarket.ru/news/5215340. Accessed: 21.08.2020 (In Russ.).
- Jekonomisty ocenili snizhenie real’nyh dohodov naselenija iz-za karantina Padenie mozhet stat’ maksimal’nym s 2014 goda [Economists Estimated that the Decline in Real Incomes Due to Quarantine May Be the Highest Since 2014]. RBC. 06.04.2020. URL: https://www.rbc.ru/economics/06/04/2020/5e8732e89a79470b55b42d72. Accessed: 21.08.2020 (In Russ.).
- Klientskij rejting bankov [Client Rating of Banks]. URL: https://www.sravni.ru/banki/ rating/klientskij/. Accessed: 21.08.2020 (In Russ.).