PECULIARITIES OF THE PHYSICO/BIOCHEMICAL PROPERTIES OF THE MOUTHLOID LIQUID IN CHILDREN WITH DENT CARICOS ON THE BACKGROUND OF PSYCHONEUVROLOGICAL DISORDERS
- Authors: Gulenko OV1, Khagurova SB1, Bykov IM1
- Kuban State Medical University, Krasnodar, Russia
- Issue: Vol 21, No 3 (2017)
- Pages: 329-338
- Section: Articles
- URL: https://journals.rudn.ru/medicine/article/view/17377
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/2313-0245-2017-21-3-329-338
In children with psychoneurological disorders, the incidence of tooth decay is significantly higher in comparison with a healthy contingent. Oral fluid has a significant effect on the maintenance of homeostasis of the oral cavity and is a natural functional environment for the organs of the oral cavity. Some physicochemical parameters of the oral fluid are sensitive indicators of comorbid pathology, in par-ticular, neuropsychiatric disorders, and may have prognostic value for assessing the risk of caries develop-ment. The object of the study was children of different ages with psychoneurological disorders: mental retardation, autism, mental retardation, Down's syndrome, infantile cerebral palsy. As a control group, children with dental problems without psychoneurological disorders were examined. The aim of the study was to search for the relationship between the physico-biochemical properties of the oral fluid and the dental caries parameters in children with psychoneurological disorders. To achieve this goal, objective methods of examination with an index assessment of the state of hard tissues of the teeth, as well as deter-mination of the rate of salivation, concentration of chloride anions, and an integral assessment of the state of the antioxidant defense system in the oral cavity using a special coefficient of oxidative modification of biomolecules were used. The results of the study revealed higher rates of caries incidence against the back-ground of a decrease in the rate of oral fluid secretion and the level of chloride anions in comparison with the control group. A reliable inverse correlation between the coefficient of oxidative modification of biomolecules and the rate of secretion of oral fluid of medium severity in children with psychoneurological disorders of both age groups was also revealed, which indicates the effect of disturbance of oral fluid production on the development of local oxidative stress in children with psychoneurological disorders.
About the authors
O V GulenkoKuban State Medical University, Krasnodar, Russia
Author for correspondence.
Gulenko Olga Vladimirovna, PhD, associate professor of the Department of Surgical Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery of the Medical University “Kuban State Medical University” Russian Ministry of Health.350063, Краснодар, Седина, 4
S B KhagurovaKuban State Medical University, Krasnodar, Russia
350063, Краснодар, Седина, 4
I M BykovKuban State Medical University, Krasnodar, Russia
350063, Краснодар, Седина, 4
- Leus P.A. Diagnostic value of saliva homeostasis in the clinic of therap eutic stomatology: u cheb.-metod. posobie / Belorus. gos. med. un-t; 2-ya kaf. terapevt. stomatologii. Minsk: BGMU, 2011. 67 s.
- Cummins D. Dental caries: a disease which remains a public health concern in the 21st centu ry th e exploration of a breakthrough technology for caries prevention. J Clin Dent. 2013; 24.
- Makeeva I.M., Polyakova M.A., Hon Ya.A. Evaluation of the dental status of youth sports hockey teams. Byulleten meditsinskih Internet. 2014. Т. 4, № 12. S. 1323—1324.
- Suntsov V.G., Voloshina I.M. Features of composition and properties in the oral fluid in children at a different level of intensity of the carious process. Stomatol. zhurn. 2010. N 1. S. 12—14.
- Davidovich E. et al. A comparison of the sialochemistry, oral pH, and oral health status of Down syndrome children to healthy children. Int. J. Paediatr. Dent. 2010. Vol. 20. P. 235—241.
- Shevtsova Yu.V. The role of risk factors evaluation of the development of early childhood cari es in the planning of therapeutic and prophylactic measures. Byulleten meditsinskih Internet, 2014. Т. 4. № 4. S. 349—352.
- Gonchar F.L., Pohodenko-Chudakova I.O. Microcrystallization of oral fluid as a general indicator of body homeostasis. Innovatsionnyie podhodyi v prakticheskom reshenii aktualnyih voprosov so vremennoy Ch L Histomatologii: sb. tr. resp. nauch.-prakt. konf. Minsk, 2010. S. 70—72.
- Pavlyuchenko I.I., Basov A.A., Byikov I.M., Orlova S.V. Integral methods for assessing the level of e ndogenous intoxication and peroxidation of biomolecules in acute and chronic diseases. Allergologiya i immunologiya. 2004. T. 5, N 4. S. 551—555.
- Erzina S.V., Zheleznyiy P.A., Borodina T.V., Klimova I.V., Sadyikova V.S. i dr. Therapy of gingivitis in children with cerebral palsy. Klinicheskaya stomatologiya. 2010. N 1. S. 70—73.
- Muhamedzhanova L.R., Ilina R.Yu., Ziganshina L.E. Features of the clinical manifest ation of h ypertrophic gingivitis on the background of taking anticonvulsants. Original research. Dental Magazine. 2012. N 11(107). S. 16—17.
- Sukmanskiy O.I., Gozhenko A.I., Koliev V.I., Sukmanskiy I.O. Aquaporins and salivary gl ands. Us pehi sovremennoy biologii. 2012. T. 132, N 2. S. 167—18 0.
- Shakovets N.V., Lihorad E.V. Saliva: importance for organs and tissues in the oral cavity in normal and pathological conditions. Meditsinskiy zhurnal. 2013. N 3. S. 7—11.