CORRELATION OF THE SKULL PARAMETERS WITH THE WIDTH OF THE DENTAL ARCHES
- Authors: Efimova EY.1, Krayushkin AI1, Efimov Y.V1
- Volgograd State Medical University
- Issue: Vol 22, No 4 (2018)
- Pages: 421-427
- Section: Stomatology
- URL: https://journals.rudn.ru/medicine/article/view/20472
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/2313-0245-2018-22-4-421-427
The study of regularities and variant anatomy in the structure of organs and parts of the human body is one of the fundamental problems of morphology having an applied orientation. The main method of studying a person's aesthetics is a morphometric examination of the head. It includes the study of its size, size and shape of the face and its individual parts, as well as the relationship between the size and shape of the skull and dental arches. The main linear parameters of the skull and their interrelations with the parameters of the width of the dental arches of the upper jaw are studied on the skull of male of mature age with physiological occlusion of teeth. The study was carried out taking into account the type of skull. It was revealed that the index of the width of the dental arch from the vestibular side is lesser then the index of the upper face and the intergnatic part in the frontal part, and in the distal part - to the contrary. Indicators of the width of the dental arch from the palatal side were less in their values to the parameters of the skull at all levels of measurement in all craniotypes. Obtained data on the width of the dental arch of the upper jaw, linear parameters of the skull and their interrelations expand and deepen the information available in the literature on the dimensional characteristics of the craniofacial complex.
About the authors
E Yu EfimovaVolgograd State Medical University
Author for correspondence.
PhD, MD, Associate Professor, Volgograd State Medical UniversityPavshikh Bortsov Sq., 1, 400131, Volgograd, Russia
A I KrayushkinVolgograd State Medical University
Yu V EfimovVolgograd State Medical University
- Domenjuk D.A., Vedeshina Je.G., Dmitrienko S.V., Orfanova Zh.S. Correlations of the cephalometric parameters and morphometric parameters of gnathostatic models of the jaws of men with a direct occlusion. Fundamental research. 2015. N 1. P. 1384—1387.
- Efimova E.Y., Krauyshkin A.I. Variability of linear and angular parameters of the facial part of mesocarpal skulls with allowance for sexual dimorphism. Morphology. 2016. Vol. 149. N 3. P. 80—81.
- Rjahovskij A.N., Kalacheva Ja.A. Method of quantitative evaluation of aesthetic parameters of dentition. Dentistry. 2016. N 3. P. 44—48.
- Smirnov V.G., Yanushevich O.O. Clinical anatomy of the jaws. Мoscow. 2014. 231 p.
- Arbutina A., Čupić S., Umićević-Davidović M., Arapović-Savić M., Marin S. Face types and sizes of dental arches in subjects with class I molar relationship. Glasnik Antropološkog Društva Srbije. 2012. N 47. P. 41—50.
- Omar H., Alhajrasi M., Felemban N., Hassan A. Dental arch dimensions, form and tooth size ratio among a Saudi sample. Saudi Medical Journal. 2018. N 39(1). P. 86—91.
- Dmitrienko S.V., Domenjuk D.A., Kokareva A.V., Vedeshina Je.G., Agashina M.A. Transversal dimensions of dental arches in the canine region in people with physiological occlusion of permanent teeth. Modern problems of science and education. 2016. N 3. URL: http://science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=24656.
- Muzurova L.V., Solov'eva M.V., Shelud'ko S.N. Age, sexual and individual variability of the width of the dental arch of the upper jaw of adult people. Privolzhsky Scientific Herald. 2013. N 3 (19). P. 119—124.
- Korhova N.V. Representations on the shape of dental arches. Dental Journal. 2008. N 1. P. 6—9.
- Filimonova E.V., Dmitrienko D.S., Shpigun M.I. Determination of the size of dental arches in children according to the morphometric parameters of the maxillofacial region in the period of the replaceable occlusion. Dentistry of Childhood and Prevention. 2008. N 4(27). P. 38—41.
- Poljakova V.V., Danilova M.A. The choice of standards for predicting the anthropometric parameters of the upper dentition. Dentistry of childhood and prevention. 2016. N 4(59). Vol. 15. С. 57—60.
- Slaviero T., Fernandes T.M., Oltramari-Navarro P.V., de Castro A.C. Dimensional changes of dental arches produced by fixed and removable palatal cribs: A prospective, randomized, controlled study. Angle Orthod. 2017. N 87(2). P. 215—222.
- Nikitjuk B.A., Chtecov V.P. Human morphology. Moscow: MSU; 1983. 318 p.
- Zaitsev V.M., Liflayndskii I.G., Marinkin V.I. Applied medical statistics. St. Petersburg: Foliant, 2003. 432 p.
- Ivanova O.P., Timakov I.E., Timofeeva K.V., Al'dmur A.S., Seraja A.E. Determination of the type of face according to the individual parameters of the craniophatic complex and revealing its correspondence to the shape of the dental arches of the upper and lower jaws. Part 2. Orthodontics. 2016. N 2(74). P. 2—9.
- Korobkeev A.A., Domenjuk D.A., Shkarin V.V., Dmitrienko S.V., Vejsgejm L.D., Konnov V.V. Anatomical features of the interdependence of the main parameters of the dental arches of the upper and lower jaws of man. Medical Gazette of the North Caucasus. 2018. Vol. 13. N 1—1. P. 66—69.