Determination of the survivability parameters of a reinforced concrete spatial frame operating under conditions of a complex stress state
- Authors: Osovskikh O.E.1, Osovskikh E.V.1, Travush V.I.1
- Southwest State University
- Issue: Vol 18, No 1 (2022)
- Pages: 11-21
- Section: Analysis and design of building structures
- URL: https://journals.rudn.ru/structural-mechanics/article/view/31046
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/1815-5235-2022-18-1-11-21
The calculation for stability against progressive collapse in a dynamic setting, regulated by the norms, contains general recommendations on the possibility of taking into account a pliable foundation and including non-load-bearing elements in the calculation model without determining the limits of their applicability. The results of experimental studies and numerical analysis of a reinforced concrete experimental design of a spatial frame - a fragment of the frame of a multi-storey building in limiting and transcendental states are compared. The features of deformation of the structural system before and after the beyond-design impact, which causes its sudden structural restructuring, are established. Numerical studies were performed with and without considering the pliable foundation, as well as including or not including non-load-bearing elements in the calculation. Satisfactory agreement between the data of experimental studies and the results of dynamic calculation has been obtained. As one of the variants of the calculation model, a modified scheme was adopted, the constituent part of which are the elements of the calculation model of the second level - a fragment of the frame, modeled by volumetric and flat finite elements. It has been established that the results of the dynamic calculation of the experimental fragment are consistent with the experimental data only when taking into account the elements of the load device and real boundary conditions, including the deformable base.
About the authors
Olga E. OsovskikhSouthwest State University
ORCID iD: 0000-0003-0764-2359
postgraduate student, Department of Unique Buildings and Structures94 50 Let Oktyabrya St, Kursk, 305040, Russian Federation
Evgeny V. OsovskikhSouthwest State University
ORCID iD: 0000-0001-6308-0085
Candidate of Technical Sciences, Docent of the Department of Unique Buildings and Structures94 50 Let Oktyabrya St, Kursk, 305040, Russian Federation
Vladimir I. TravushSouthwest State University
Author for correspondence.
ORCID iD: 0000-0003-1991-7233
Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Professor of the Department of Unique Buildings and Structures94 50 Let Oktyabrya St, Kursk, 305040, Russian Federation
- Kolchunov V.I., Emelyanov S.G., Kolchunov Vl.I., Savin S.Yu., Fedorova N.V., Travush V.I., Kelasev N.G., Kodysh E.N., Trekin N.N., Shapiro G.I., Novikova M.Yu., Shapiro A.G., Belostotskii A.M., Pavlov A.S., Korenkov P.A. Design of measures to protect buildings and structures from progressive collapse: guidance manual. Moscow; 2018.
- Marchand K., McKay A., Stevens D. Development and application of linear and nonlinear static approaches in UFC 4-023-03. Structures Congress, Austin, Texas, April 30 - May 2, 2009. Austin; 2009.
- McKay A. Alternate path method in progressive collapse analysis: variation of dynamic and non-linear load increase factors: thesis presented to the graduate faculty of The University of Texas at San Antonio. San Antonio; 2008.
- Li Y., Lu X., Guan H., Ye L. An energy-based assessment on dynamic amplification factor for linear static analysis in progressive collapse design of ductile RC frame structures. Advances in Structural Engineering. 2014;17(8):1217-1226.
- Tsai M.H. Assessment of analytical load and dynamic increase factors for progressive collapse analysis of building frames. Advances in Structural Engineering. 2012;15(1):41-54.
- Liu M. A new dynamic increase factor for nonlinear static alternate path analysis of building frames against progressive collapse. Engineering Structures. 2013;48:666-673.
- Saffari H., Mashhadi J. Assessment of dynamic increase factor for progressive collapse analysis of RC structures. Engineering Failure Analysis. 2018;84:300-310.
- Marjanishvili S., Agnew E. Comparison of various procedures for progressive collapse analysis. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities. 2006;20(4):365-374.
- Perelmuter A.V., Kabantsev O.V. About the problem of analysis resistance bearing systems in failure of a structural element. International Journal for Computational Civil and Structural Engineering. 2018;14(3):103-113.
- Fialko S.Yu., Kabantsev O.V., Perelmuter A.V. Elasto-plastic progressive collapse analysis based on the integration of the equations of motion. Magazine of Civil Engineering. 2021;2(102):10214.
- Yu J., Rinder T., Stolz A., Tan K.-H. Dynamic progressive collapse of an RC assemblage induced by contact detonation. Journal of Structural Engineering. 2014;140(6):04014014.
- Pham A., Tan K., Yu J. Numerical investigations on static and dynamic responses of reinforced concrete sub-assemblages under progressive collapse. Engineering Structures. 2016;10:1016-1028.
- Tian L.-M., Wei J.-P., Hao J.-P., Wang X.-T. Dynamic analysis method for the progressive collapse of long-span spatial grid. Steel and Composite Structures. 2017;23(4):435-444.
- Wang T., Zhang L., Zhao H., Chen Q. Analysis on dynamic response of reinforced concrete frame for resisting progressive collapse. The Open Construction & Building Technology Journal. 2019;13:27-38.
- Travush V.I., Fedorova N.V. Survivability of structural systems of buildings with special effects. Magazine of Civil Engineering. 2018;5(81):73-80.
- Osovskikh O.E. Experimental studies of a fragment of a reinforced concrete frame of a multi-storey building under complex stress state. Construction and Reconstruction. 2021;5(97):62-73. (In Russ.)
- Kabantsev O.V., Perelmuter A.V. On the methods of analysis of the resistance of load-bearing systems in failure modes of a structural element. In: Tamrazyan A.G. (ed.) Loleitovskie Readings - 150. Modern Methods for Calculating Reinforced Concrete and Stone Structures for Limiting States: Collection of Reports of the International Scientific and Practical Conference Dedicated to the 150th Anniversary of the Birth of Professor, Author of the Methodology for Calculating Reinforced Concrete Structures According to the Stage of Destruction, Founder of the Soviet Scientific School of the Theory of Reinforced Concrete, Founder and First Head of the Department of Reinforced Concrete Structures of the Moscow Civil Engineering Institute (MISI) A.F. Loleita. Moscow: MISI-MGSU Publ.; 2018. p. 132-137. (In Russ.)
- Alkadi S.A., Fedorova N.V., Osovskyh O.E. Analysis of reinforced concrete space frame deformation with composite sections elements. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2018:456:012033. https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/456/1/012033