ANALYSIS OF THE EDGE EFFECT OF SHEAR STRESSES IN THE SHIFT OF A TWO-LAYER BEAM
- Authors: Andreev VI1, Tsybin NY.1, Turusov RA1
- Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University) (MGSU)
- Issue: Vol 14, No 3 (2018)
- Pages: 180-186
- Section: Analysis and design of building structures
- URL: https://journals.rudn.ru/structural-mechanics/article/view/18927
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/1815-5235-2018-14-3-180-186
The paper presents a system of resolving equations describing the stress-strain state of multilayer beams and allowing solving a wide range of problems, such as shear, bending, and normal separation for any number of layers. For each of the layers, hypotheses similar to the Kirchhoff - Love hypotheses are introduced. In the proposed model, the layers interact with a contact layer. The contact layer is an anisotropic medium, which can be considered as a “brush” of elastic short rods. For simplicity, it is assumed that the rods are oriented normally to the contact surface. The use of a contact layer allows such problems as infinite tangential stresses at the interface between the layers near the end of the beam and also to solve the problem of determining the concentration of the shearing stresses occurring at the boundaries between the layers and in the corner points, their variation, for example, in the creep process. The main feature of the proposed model is strict satisfaction of the boundary conditions. In view of the complexity of the resolving system of equations, we consider, as an example, the problem of shearing the layers of a double-layer beam. An analytical solution is obtained that allows qualitative analysis of the influence of mechanical and geometric characteristics on the stress-strain state of the design model, calculate the true adhesive strength, and determine the physical characteristics of the contact layer on the basis of experimental data. A numerical example is given for calculating a beam in two variants of model loading, on the basis of which a relationship was established between the true and average adhesive strength, depending on various parameters.
About the authors
V I AndreevMoscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University) (MGSU)
Author for correspondence.
Full Member of the Russian Academy of Architecture and Building Sciences, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Head of the Strength of Materials Department, Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University). He published more than 350 scientific articles, 4 monographs, 8 textbooks and teaching aids. Research interests: structural mechanics, solid mechanics, mechanics of heterogeneous bodies, mechanics of polymers and composites26 Yaroslavskoye Shosse, Moscow, 129337, Russian Federation
N Yu TsybinMoscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University) (MGSU)
Graduate Student of the Department of Strength of Materials, Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University). He published 15 scientific articles. Theme of the dissertation “Calculation of layered structures with using a contact layer model”. Research interests: solid mechanics, mechanics of heterogeneous bodies, mechanics of polymers and composites26 Yaroslavskoye Shosse, Moscow, 129337, Russian Federation
R A TurusovMoscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University) (MGSU)
Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Professor, Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (National Research University). He published near 200 scientific articles, 4 monographs. Research interests: solid mechanics, physics and mechanics of composites and polymers26 Yaroslavskoye Shosse, Moscow, 129337, Russian Federation
- Andreev V.I., Turusov R.A., Tsybin N.Yu. (2016). Opredelenie napryazhenno-deformirovannogo sostoyaniya trekhsloinoi balki s primeneniem metoda kontaktnogo sloya [Determination of the stress-strain state of a threelayer beam using the contact layer method]. Vestnik MGSU, No 4, 17–26. (In Russ.)
- Turusov R.A., Manevich L.I. (2009). Metod kontaktnogo sloya v adgezionnoi mekhanike [The contact layer method in adhesion mechanics]. Klei. Germetiki. Tekhnologii [Adhesives. Sealants. Technologies], No 6, 2–11. (In Russ.)
- Tsybin N.Yu., Turusov R.A., Andreev V.I. (2016). Comparison of creep in a free polymer rod and creep in a polymer layer of the layered composite. Procedia Engineering, No 153, 51–58.
- Turusov R.A. (2017). Adgeziya i adgezionnaya mekhanika [Adhesion and adhesion mechanics]. Scientific and educational magazine “NBICS-science. Technology”, No 2, 207–222. (In Russ.)
- Turusov R.A. (2016). Adgezionnaya mekhanika: monografiya [Adhesion mechanics: monograph]. Moscow, 232. (Series “Library of scientific developments and projects”). (In Russ.)
- Andreev V.I., Turusov R.A., Tsybin N.Yu. (2015). Napryazhennoe sostoyanie sloistogo kompozita pri normal'nom otryve. Ch. 1 [Stress state of a layered composite under normal separation. Part 1]. Scientific Review, No 24, 98–106. (In Russ.)
- Turusov R.A., Andreev V.I., Tsybin N.Yu. (2017). General solution of bending of multilayer beams in Fourier series. Structural Mechanics of Engineering Constructions and Buildings, No 4, 34–42. (In Russ.)
- Andreev V.I., Turusov R.A., Tsybin N.Yu. (2017). The contact layer method in calculating of the shear compounds // MATEC Web of Conferences. 26. RSP 2017 – 26th R-S-P Seminar 2017 Theoretical Foundation of Civil Engineering, Vol. 17. https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/ 201711700008.