Effect of firing temperature waste from water treatment on sorption characteristics of petroleum products
- Authors: Shaikhiev I.G.1, Shumkova I.N.1, Sverguzova S.V.2, Sapronova Z.A.2
- Kazan National Research Technological University
- Belgorod State Technological University named after V.G. Shoukhov
- Issue: Vol 27, No 4 (2019)
- Pages: 264-274
- Section: Industrial Ecology
- URL: https://journals.rudn.ru/ecology/article/view/24010
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/2313-2310-2019-27-4-264-274
The article reflects the results of research on the influence of roast temperature of water treatment waste obtained from drinking water generation (at the water treatment plant in Nizhnekamsk, Republic of Tatarstan) for sorption characteristics for native and used oil products - oils 5W40, 15W40 and И-20А. The methods of instrumental and computational means of research are presented. Differential thermal analysis and differential scanning calorimetry of water treatment waste were performed. The graphs of the influence of roast temperature on the aqueous extract pH value, maximum oil capacity and water absorption were constructed. It was found that at high temperatures, the decomposition of organic compounds with formation of carbon black occurs. It increases the maximum oil capacity in dynamic and static conditions in water and water absorption. It is determined that the best adsorption indicators are achieved for a sample of water treatment waste subjected to heat treatment at 600 °C.
About the authors
Ildar G. ShaikhievKazan National Research Technological University
Author for correspondence.
Doctor of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Environmental Engineering68 Karl Marks St, Kazan, 420015, Russian Federation
Irina N. ShumkovaKazan National Research Technological University
applicant, the Department of Environmental Engineering68 Karl Marks St, Kazan, 420015, Russian Federation
Svetlana V. SverguzovaBelgorod State Technological University named after V.G. Shoukhov
Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Head of the Department of Industrial Ecology46 Kostyukov St, Belgorod, 308012, Russian Federation
Zhanna A. SapronovaBelgorod State Technological University named after V.G. Shoukhov
Doctor of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor, Professor, Department of Industrial Ecology46 Kostyukov St, Belgorod, 308012, Russian Federation
- Pikovsky YuI. Natural and man-made hydrocarbon flows in the environment. Moscow: Moscow State University Publ.; 1993.
- Mukhutdinov AA, Boroznov NI, Petrov BG, Mukhutdinova TZ, Shayakhmetov DK. Fundamentals and management of industrial ecology. Kazan: Magarif Publ.; 1998.
- Sobgayda HA. Sorption materials for wastewater and natural water treatment from petroleum products. Bulletin of the Kharkiv National Automobile University. 2011;(52): 120–125.
- Sobgayda NA, Olshanskaya LN. Sorbents for water purification from oil products. Saratov: SGTU Publ., 2010.
- Sirotkina EE, Novoselova LYu. Materials for adsorption purification of water from oil and oil products. Chemistry for sustainable development. 2005;13:359–377.
- Privalova NM, Dvadnenko MV, Nekrasov AA, Popova OS, Privalov DM. Treatment of oily wastewater with natural and artificial sorbents. Scientific Journal of KubGAU. 2015;113(09):297–306.
- Bhatnagar A, Sillanpää M. Utilization of agro-industrial and municipal waste materials as potential adsorbents for water treatment: A review. Chemical Engineering Journal. 2010;157:277–296.
- Nikolaeva LA, Boroday EN. Resource-saving technology for utilization of water treatment sludge at thermal power plants: Monograph. Kazan: Kazan State Power Engineering University; 2012.
- Nikolaeva LA, Khamzina DL. Purification of water sources from oil pollution by hydrophobic carbonate sludge. Water: chemistry and ecology. 2018;(4–6):92–100.
- Boroday EN, Nikolaev LA, Golubchikov MA. Sorption properties of sludge clarifiers in wastewater treatment of power plants from petroleum products. Proceedings of the universities. Energy problem. 2011;(1–2):132–137.
- Nikolaev LA, Iskhakova RI. Purification of recycling and waste waters of thermal power plants from oil modified helmet water. Teploenergetika. 2017;(6):72–78.
- Nikolaev LA, Golubchikov MA. The influence of the nature of water repellent on the sorption capacity of the sludge clarifiers TPP. Water: chemistry and ecology. 2011;(10):54–57.
- Nikolaev LA, Golubchikov MA. Increase of sorption properties of sludge clarifiers in wastewater treatment of power plants from petroleum products. Proceedings of higher educational institutions. Energy problem. 2011;(3–4):112–116.
- Nikolaeva LA, Boroday EN, Golubchikov MA. Study of sorption properties of sludge clarifiers in the treatment of waste water from TPP oil. Proceedings of higher educational institutions. Energy problem. 2011;(1–2):132–136.
- Elnikov DA, Sverguzova AJ, Vergasova SV. The influence of heat treatment of lime on the efficiency of purification of model solutions of dyes. Bulletin BSTU name after V.G. Shoukhov. 2011;(2):144–147.
- Lupandina NS, Sapronova JA, Vergasova SV. Purification of water from ions Mn(VII) thermally modified waste production of sucrose. Bulletin of Technological University. 2015;18(17):266–269.