Calculation of foundation vertical stiffness with the piles mutual influence effect
- Authors: Kolesnikov A.O.1, Kostiuk T.N.1, Popov V.N.2
- Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (Sibstrin)
- Khristianovich Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
- Issue: Vol 15, No 3 (2019)
- Pages: 229-236
- Section: Dynamics of structures and buildings
- URL: https://journals.rudn.ru/structural-mechanics/article/view/21415
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/1815-5235-2019-15-3-229-236
Aims of research. Studies to determine the effect of the distance between the piles in group with vertical oscillations of pile foundations on the value of dynamic stiffness are carried out and the results obtained in full-scale tests, within the wave model and according to SP 26.13330.2012 are compared. Methods. The eigenfrequency changes of the foundation of nine piles with a diameter ( d ) with a high pile cap are calculated depending on the distances between the piles - 2 d , 3 d and 5 d . The obtained results are compared with the data obtained after a series of pulse dynamic loads performed under semi-natural conditions on foundation models. The values of the transverse wave velocities were determined directly at the test site. Results. It is found that the reduction of the distance between the piles in the bush leads to a decrease in the natural vibration frequencies of pile foundations. Reducing the distance between piles from 5 to 2 diameters of piles leads to reduce the frequency of vertical vibrations of pile foundations by 1. times. It is shown the advantage of the results of calculations in the frame-work of the wave model in comparison with the method of SP 26.13330.2012. Also shown their high coincidence with the values obtained in the course of experiments, which allows to accurately determine the amplitude-frequency characteristics of the foundations. The results determined according to SP 26.13330.2012 have significantly lower values of natural frequencies and do not fully reflect the change in the distance between the piles. The maximum discrepancy with the experimental data is 2.7 times for the vertical oscillations of the pile foundation.
About the authors
Aleksei O. KolesnikovNovosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (Sibstrin)
Author for correspondence.
Cand. Sc. (Technical), Associate Professor, Department of Engineering Geology, Bases and Foundations113 Leningradskaya St., Novosibirsk, 630008, Russian Federation
Tatiana N. KostiukNovosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (Sibstrin)
master student, Department of Engineering Geology, Bases and Foundations113 Leningradskaya St., Novosibirsk, 630008, Russian Federation
Vladimir N. PopovKhristianovich Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
Dr. Sc. (Physics-Mathematical), Chief ResearcherSB RAS, 4/1 Institutskaya St., Novosibirsk, 630090, Russian Federation
- SP 26.13330.2012. Foundations of machines with dynamic loads. Updated version of SNiP 2.02.05-87. Enter. 2013-01-01.
- Rashidifar M.A., Rashidifar A.A., Abertavi A. (2016). Nonlinear characteristics of the pile soil system under vertical vibration. Universal Journal of Engineering Science, 4(4), 59-65.
- Novak M., El Sharnouby B. (1984). Evaluation of dynamic experiments on pile group. Jl. of Geotech. Eng., 110(6), 738-756.
- Poulos H.G. (1968). Analysis of the settlement of pile groups. Geotechnique, 18(4), 449-471.
- Novak M., Grigg R.F. (1976). Dynamic experiments with small pile foundations. Canadian Geotech. J., 13(4), 372-385.
- ACI Committee 351. (2004). Foundations for dynamic equipment. American Concrete Institute.
- Matlock H., Foo S.H.C., Bryant L.M. (1978). Simulation of lateral pile behaviour under earthquake motion. Proc. ASCE Geotech. Eng. Div. Spec. Conf. on Earthq. Eng. and Soil Dyn., 1, 600-619.
- Sheta M., Novak M. (1982). Vertical vibration of pile groups. J. Geotech. Engng., 108, 570-590.
- Veletsos A.S., Dotson K.W. (1988). Vertical and torsional vibration of foundations in inhomogeneous media. Jl. of Geotech. Eng., 114(9), 1002-1021.
- El Naggar M.H., Novak M. (1994). Non-linear model for dynamic axial pile response. Jl. of Geotech. Eng., 120(2), 308-329.
- Gazetas G., Makris N. (1991). Dynamic pile-soilpile interaction. Part I. Analysis of axial vibration. Earthquake Engng. ASCE, 20, 115-132.
- Baranov V.A. (1967). O raschete vyinuzhdennyikh kolebaniy zaglublennogo fundamenta [On the calculation of forced oscillations of the deepening foundation]. Voprosy dinamiki i prochnosti: Trudyi Rizhskogo Politekhnicheskogo Instituta, (14), 195-209. (In Russ.)
- Kolesnikov A.O., Popov V.N. (2014). Otsenka dinamicheskikh reaktsiy na konturakh neskol’kikh kruglyikh vyirezov pri kolebaniyakh plastinyi [An estimation of dynamic reactions on the contour of several circular cuts at plate oscillations]. Stroitel'naya mekhanika inzhenernykh konstruktsiy i sooruzheniy, (3), 37-43. (In Russ.)
- Hassini S., Woods R.D. (1989). Dynamic experiments with model pile foundations. Proc. 12th ICSMFE, 2, 1135-1138.
- Han Y., Vaziri H. (1992). Dynamic response of pile groups under lateral loading. Soil Dyn. and Earthq. Eng., 11, 87-99.
- Manna B., Baidya D.K. (2010). Dynamic nonlinear response of pile foundations under vertical vibration. Theory versus experiment. Soil Dyn. and Earthq. Eng., 30, 456-469.
- Burr J.P., Pender M.J., Larkin T.J. (1997). Dynamic response of laterally excited pile groups. Jl. of Geotech. & Geoenviron. Eng., 123(1), 1-8.
- Blaney G.W., Muster G.L., O'Neill M.W. (1987). Vertical vibration test of a full-scale pile group. Geotechnical Special Publication, (11), 149-165.
- Crouse C.B., Cheang L. (1987). Dynamic testing and analysis of pile-group foundations. Geotechnical Special Publication, (11), 79-98.
- Kolesnikov A.O., Popov V.N. (2017). Dinamicheskie reaktsii na konturakh krugovyikh vyirezov s uchetom ikh vzaimnogo raspolozheniya pri kolebaniyakh plastinyi [Dynamic reactions on contours of circular cuts taking into account their mutual arrangement at plate oscillations]. Izvestiya VNIIG imeni B.Ye. Vedeneeva, 283, 3-10. (In Russ.)
- Prakash S., Sharma H.D. (1990). Pile foundations in engineering practice. John Wiley&Sons, Inc.
- Chowdhury I., Dasgupta S.P. (2008). Dynamics of Structure and Foundation - A Unified Approach: 1. Fundamentals. CRC Press.
- Novak M., El Sharnouby B. (1983). Stiffness and damping constants for single piles. Jl. of Geotech. Eng., 109, 961-974.