IDEOLOGICAL, LEGAL AND PROCEDURAL ASPECTS OF THE SEARCH FOR EFFECTIVE WAYS OF COMPENSATION FOR HARM CAUSED BY THE CRIME
- Authors: Tarnavsky O.A.1, Bormotova L.V.1
- Orenburg state University
- Issue: Vol 24, No 1 (2020)
- Pages: 46-59
- Section: STATE AND LAW IN CONTEMPORARY WORLD
- URL: https://journals.rudn.ru/law/article/view/23198
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/2313-2337-2020-24-1-46-59
The level of public confidence in the law enforcement and judicial system leaves much to be desired from year to year, citizens are increasingly showing contempt for the laws and refuse to promote justice. This is due to a number of reasons that lie not only in the plane of this discussion. Meanwhile, it is obvious that punitive measures of influence do not have the proper effect in the absence of concern on the part of the state about its citizens who have been subjected to criminal influence. Analysis from the point of view of the prospects of the article subjected to all the existing forms of redress. As a result, the authors came to the conclusion that it is necessary to simplify the methods of compensation of harm on the way to the construction of restorative criminal justice in our country. The interests of the individual and the state in modern criminal proceedings are increasingly consistent with the two most promising in the opinion of the authors of the article forms of compensation for harm: voluntary compensation for harm to the accused and/or state compensation.
About the authors
Oleg A. TarnavskyOrenburg state University
Author for correspondence.
Candidate of Legal Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Criminal Procedure, Law Faculty13, Pobedy Avenue, 460018, Orenburg, Russia
Ladmila V. BormotovaOrenburg state University
Candidate of Legal Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Administrative and Financial Law, Law Faculty13, Pobedy Avenue, 460018, Orenburg, Russia
- Azarov, V.A. (1990) Dobrovol'noe vozmeshchenie v ugolovnom protsesse material'nogo ushcherba, prichinennogo prestupleniem [Voluntary compensation in criminal process of the material damage caused by a crime]. Strengthening of legality in the conditions of reorganization: collection of scientific works. Volgograd: VSSh MVD SSSR Publ. 148–152. (in Russian).
- Vladimirova, V.V. (2007) Kompensatsiya moral'nogo vreda — mera reabilitatsii poterpevshego v rossiiskom ugolovnom protsesse [Compensation of moral harm — a measure of rehabilitation of the victim in the Russian criminal process]. Moscow: Volters Kluver Publ. (in Russian).
- Gerasimenko, A.S. (2008) Implementation of the Institute of restitution. Business in law. (2), 172– 173. (in Russian).
- Dubrovin, V.V. (2011) Vozmeshchenie vreda ot prestuplenii v ugolovnom sudoproizvodstve (otechestvennyi, zarubezhnyi, mezhdunarodnyi opyt pravovogo regulirovaniya) [Compensation of harm from crimes in criminal proceedings (domestic, foreign, international experience of legal regulation)]. Moscow: Yurlitinform Publ. (in Russian).
- Dubrovin, V.V., Volevodz, A.G. (2009) Legal regulation of compensation for harm caused by a crime under the legislation of foreign countries. Legal world. (11), 57–66. (in Russian).
- Zaitsev, O.A. (2016) The Main directions of improvement of the Russian criminal procedure legislation. Bulletin of the Moscow University of the Ministry of internal Affairs of Russia. (4), 67–69. (in Russian).
- Kurdanov, V.O. (2019) Experience in the application of compensation for moral harm abroad, issues of improving the legal regulation of the Institute of moral harm in Russia. Rubric of the Kamchatka regional court “Thoughts aloud...”, available at: http://oblsud.kam. sudrf.ru/modules.php?name=press_dep&op=1&did=2318. (in Russian).
- Liborakina, M.I., Flamer, M.G, Yakimets, V.N. (1996) Sotsial'noe partnerstvo [The social partnership]. Moscow: School of cultural policy Publ. (in Russian).
- Senin, N.N. (2005) Vozmeshchenie vreda, prichinennogo prestupleniem, v ugolovnom protsesse [Compensation for damage caused by a crime in criminal proceedings]. Tomsk: Publishing House of NTL. (in Russian).
- Foinitsky, I.Y. (1999) Kurs ugolovnogo sudoproizvodstva: khrestomatiya po ugolovnomu protsessu Rossii [Course of criminal proceedings: a reader on criminal procedure of Russia]. Сompiled by prof. E.F. Kutsova. Moscow: Gorodets Publ. (in Russian).
- Yunoshev, S.V. (2008) Gosudarstvennye kompensatsii zhertvam prestuplenii v praktike zarubezhnykh stran [State compensation to victims of crimes in the practice of foreign countries]. Actual problems of the modern criminal process in Russia: interuniversity. collection of scientific articles. Prof. Lazareva V.A. (Ed.). Samara: Publishing House “Samara University”. (3), 64–74. (in Russian).
- Sukharev, A.Ya. (ed.) (1984) Yuridicheskii entsiklopedicheskii slovar' [Legal encyclopedic dictionary]. Moscow: Soviet encyclopedia Publ. (in Russian).