RUSSIAN-SINO COOPERATION IN EDUCATION
- Authors: Efremova LI1
- Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University)
- Issue: Vol 17, No 4 (2017): Terrorism as a threat to international security
- Pages: 857-865
- Section: INTERNATIONAL EDUCATIONAL COOPERATION
- URL: https://journals.rudn.ru/international-relations/article/view/17541
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/2313-0660-2017-17-4-857-865
The author of the article, who is the chairman of the Russian part of the Russian-Chinese working group on interaction in the study and teaching of Russian and Chinese languages, the development of bilateral academic exchanges and scientific and technical cooperation of universities, analyzes the main directions of modern cooperation between Russian Federation and PRC in the field of education. The article also gives examples from the practice of cooperation between Russian universities and organizations and Chinese partners on coordinated areas, joint interaction in the studying and teaching Rus-sian and Chinese languages, the creation of associations of profile universities in Russia and China. The aim of this research is to identify the specifics of the practice of cooperation between the leading Russian and Chinese universities in the development and implementation of joint educational programs with the double diplomas. Separately, the current regulatory and legal framework of Russian-Chinese co-operation in the field of education is also analyzed. Author also considers the cooperation of the two countries in promoting Russian and Chinese lan-guages, the issues of studying the state languages of partner countries. A statistical analysis of the number of Chinese students studying in Russian universities, the number of partnership agreements and programs, the volume of the budget quota allocated for the training of Chinese students in Russian universities is also conducted. In general, the relevance of the article is due to the general tendency to expand cooperation between Russia and China in the field of education, in particular, within the framework of the priority project “Development of the export potential of the Russian education system”, within which China is one of the priority states, as well as Chinese students studying in different forms of training in Russian educational organizations should increase to 100,000 people. It seems that the article will attract the attention of heads of state and private organizations engaged in cooperation with China in education and science.
About the authors
L I EfremovaPeoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University)
Author for correspondence.
Efremova Larisa Ivanovna - PhD in Philosophy, Head of the Russian part of the Russian-Chinese Interaction Working Group in the studying and teaching of Russian and Chinese languages, the development of bilateral academic exchanges and scientific and technical cooperation of universities; Vice-Rector for International Activities, Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University)
- Ganshina, E.I. (2015). Russian-Chinese Humanitarian Cooperation in 1990-s. Vestnik RUDN. International Relations, 15(1), 88—97. (in Russ.).
- Guruleva, T.L. (2015). Integration of Russia into the educational space of the APR (on the example of educational cooperation with the PRC) Vestnik RUDN. International Relations, 15 (4), 147—158. (in Russ.).
- Korshunov, S.V. (2015). Association of Technical Universities of Russia and China — a new institute of international cooperation in the field of education. Higher education in Russia, 4, 97—104. (in Russ.).
- Leifa, A.V., Sergienko, Yu.P., Lukina, E.Yu. & Lyu, Yu. (2015). Experience of international cooperation of China and Russia in the field of education. Pedagogy, 5, 121—125. (in Russ.).
- Medyanik, E.I. (2016). Joint Educational Projects as an Innovative Form of Cooperation between Russia and China in the XXI century. Vestnik RUDN. International Relations, 16 (1), 54—64. (in Russ.).
- Nikitenko, E.V. (2016). Motivation for choosing a university by foreign students [dissertation]. Khabarovsk. (in Russ.).
- Filippov, V.M. (2015). Internationalization of Higher Education: Major Trends, Challenges and Prospects. Vestnik RUDN. International Relations, 15 (3), 203—211. (in Russ.).
- Filippov, V.M. & Sun’, Yu. (2015). The role of the University of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization in conjugation of the educational spaces of Eurasia. Public service, 6 (98), 15—17. (in Russ.).