DEVELOPMENT OF METHODS FOR GEOMECHANICAL ENSURETHE OPERATION OF THE GAS-BEARING COAL SEAMS
- Authors: Iofis M.A1, Esina E.N2
- Institute of Comprehensive Exploitation of Mineral Resources Russian Academy of Sciences
- Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University)
- Issue: Vol 18, No 2 (2017)
- Pages: 167-173
- Section: Innovative use of mineral resources
- URL: https://journals.rudn.ru/engineering-researches/article/view/16690
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/2312-8143-2017-18-2-167-173
The methods of geomechanical ensuring development gas-bearing coal seams has been developed. The method of borehole mining of coal and gas from formations prone to gas and geodynamic phenomena has been scientifically substantiated and developed. Safe mining operations are ensured through the use of the internal energy of the rock mass to fracture the mineral in borehole production and its transportation to the consumer. The hydraulic mining method of sweet gas-bearing coal seams has been developed. As degassing is used preliminary unloading of coal beds and rocks by borehole coal mining from the reservoir, hazardous gas emissions. In general, the method of controlling geomechanical and gas-dynamic processes ensure the safe and efficient development of gas-bearing coal seams.
About the authors
Mikhail A IofisInstitute of Comprehensive Exploitation of Mineral Resources Russian Academy of Sciences
Author for correspondence.
Professor, Doctor of technical Sciences, Chief Researcher of Department of Problem management development and conservation of the Earth’s interior, Institute of Comprehensive Exploitation of Mineral Resources Russian Academy of Sciences. Research interests: geomechanics, rock movement, protection of mineral resources and undermining objects, deformation and degassing processes, development of underground space of megapolisKryukovsky tupik, 4, Moscow, Russia, 111020
Ekaterina N EsinaPeoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University)
Associate Professor of the Department of Geology, Mining and Petroleum Engineering, Engineering Academy, Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University). Sphere of scientific interests: geomechanics, rock movement, geomechanical safe development of mineral resourcesMiklukho-Maklaya str., 6, Moscow, Russia, 117198
- Mining science. Development and conservation of the Earth’s interior / ed. by K.N. Trubetskoy. M.: Publishing house of AGN, 1997. 478 p. [Gornye nauki. Osvoenie i sokhranenie nedr Zemli / pod red. K.N. Trubetskogo. M.: Izd-vo AGN, 1997. 478 s.]
- Kreinin E.V., Fedorov N.A., Zvyagintsev K.N., Pyankova T.M. Underground gasification of coal seams. M.: Nedra, 1982. 151 p. [Kreinin E.V., Fedorov N.A., Zvyagintsev K.N., P’yankova T.M. Podzemnaya gazifikatsiya ugol’nykh plastov. M.: Nedra, 1982. 151 s.]
- Iofis M.A., Esina E.N. Technique classification of geomechanical maintenance of mining in difficult conditions / Mining information-analytical Bulletin. Special issue. 2017. No. 1. Pp. 13—22. [Iofis M.A., Esina E.N. Klassifikatsiya metodov geomekhanicheskogo obespecheniya gornykh rabot v slozhnykh usloviyakh / Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskii byulleten’. Spetsial’nyi vypusk. 2017. № 1. S. 13—22.]
- Trubetskoy K.N., Iofis M.A., Esina E.N. Geomechanical Service in Mining under Gas-and-Dynamic Phenomena // Journal of Mining Sciences. 2015. No. 3. Pp. 506—512.
- The Patent for the invention № 2474691 “Method of borehole mining of coal and gas from formations prone to gas and geodynamic phenomena” Priority of invention 14.04.2011. Was 10.02.2013. [Patent na izobretenie № 2474691 «Sposob skvazhinnoi dobychi uglya i gaza iz plastov, sklonnykh k gazo-i geodinamicheskim yavleniyami» Prioritet izobreteniya 14.04.2011. Zaregistrirovan 10.02.2013.]
- The Patent for the invention № 2564888 “Method of hydraulic mining of coal from gas-saturated reservoir”. Priority of invention 25.09.2014. Was 10.09.2015. [Patent na izobretenie № 2564888 «Sposob gidravlicheskoi dobychi uglya iz gazonasyshchennykh plastov». Prioritet izobreteniya 25.09.2014. Zaregistrirovan 10.09.2015.]